It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change the artifact 'type' in DNG when DOORS to DNG reqif import is done?

Shuchita Tripathi (31436595) | asked Nov 09 '16, 11:09 a.m.
Hi,

We are doing a PoC on DOORS to DNG migration using ReqIF.

We have a defined template (in DNG) and we want that the objects of DOORS when migrated should have a specific DNG artifact type (according to our template).
For eg:
Module should be of type 'URS' and artifacts inside should be of type 'Requirement'.

Is there any way to map onject type of DOORS to specific artifact type in DNG? Like ReqIF xml changing or any other way?

At present, DNG is taking the name of the modules imported and creating the type as 'module name'

DNG v6.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Nov 10 '16, 3:25 a.m.
I suggest you do it the other way round. Don't specify any types before importing the DOORS ReqIF. After importing, change the types to your liking. Note that the types are identified by UUIDs, not by names, so if you want to change the ReqIF file, it can be very time-consuming and painful.
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Nov 10 '16, 3:36 a.m.

Thank you Donald for your response.

However, when we'll do the actual migration, there will be more than thousands of module. Changing type of each and every module and their artifact will not be possible.

Right now, after importing, whatever is the module name, that is becoming the artifact type. We cannot have so many modules and artifact types. There are few specific types which we have defined. Want to have all the artifacts follow them.

Can you suggest some way for handling this?

Donald Nong commented Nov 10 '16, 3:55 a.m.

In this case, changing the ReqIF file seems to be only way to go. Maybe you can do something on the DOORS side but I'm not familiar enough with it to suggest anything.

If you need to change the ReqIF file, I suggest you first examine the simplest ReqIF (say only containing one module and one requirement) and see if you understand each section in the file.

Shuchita Tripathi commented Dec 21 '16, 1:01 a.m.

We have identified ways to modify ReqIF and achieve the desired result.

The artifacts and module types are getting mapped in DNG.

2 other answers

permanent link
Horst Burmeister (2112) | answered Dec 20 '16, 10:22 a.m.
There is a tool from "Individual Standard" that supports the user during the migration / transformation from DOORS to DNG. http://individual-standard.com/. Unfortunately, the site is in German, but the CEO will certainly answer a request in English also in English.

permanent link
Manju Gowda (37110) | answered Nov 15 '18, 9:23 p.m.

We are using DNG 6.0.3 version and we have already imported the modules and its artifacts from DOORS. Now all artifacts are in type of module.
I am writing a OSLC REST api for changing artifact type, but i am not able to find the types to modify.

Kindly suggest how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance,
Manju

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.