It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use JavaScript to create a Filter?

David Clark (2341352) | asked Nov 01 '16, 4:43 p.m.
 We have found the Filter in RM to be less than adequate. I am looking to create my own filter. I have figured out how to query an artifact for what I want, but how can I display that artifact and other artifacts in the main window. Thus creating my own filter?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Nov 01 '16, 8:17 p.m.
As far as I know, the RM extension API is intended to be used against the data (artifacts), not the view (the displaying of artifacts). If you check the API reference, the class that provides any interaction is probably RM.Client but it only includes three methods, of which none does filtering.

Comments
David Clark commented Nov 02 '16, 8:48 a.m.

I am not looking for a filter, I am trying to create one. The question is HOW can I re-write the displayed artifacts on the main part of the screen? Or can I create a collection with the filtered items?

Thanks,

Donald Nong commented Nov 02 '16, 8:32 p.m.

One way of filtering is to hide/show certain artifacts in the current page. I don't see any JavaScript API that allows you to do this. Another way of filtering is to send an AJAX request to the server and use the result set to refresh the current page (which is more advanced than the previous one), and again I see no API to do this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.