It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to find server.xml file under DOORSNG\server\liberty\servers\clm folder. Unable to find the folder itself.

Shuchita Tripathi (31436395) | asked Oct 20 '16, 10:37 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying for some RM extensions and following this link. https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsHostingGuide602

It is mentioned that i need to do some changes in server.xml file which can be found under <Installation path>\server\liberty\servers\clm

I have installed whole CLM 6.0.2 (not RM standalone).

I am not able to find server.xml file and also the whole folder structure. Both are important as it is mentioned to create 'dropin' and 'war' directory inside the above given path.

Can someone help me in telling where I am going wrong.

Pasting few lines from the article for ease:

1. Before you start the server, you must edit a configuration file. From the root installation directory navigate to  c:\Programs\DOORSNG\server\liberty\servers\clm  and locate the server.xml  file.
  2. Open this file in a text editor and locate this line
    <applicationMonitor dropinsEnabled='false' pollingRate='10s' updateTrigger='mbean'/>

Change  dropinsEnabled='false'  to  dropinsEnabled='true'  and save the file.
  3. Navigate to the  c:\Programs\DOORSNG\server\liberty\servers\clm  directory.
  4. Create a directory called  dropins .
  5. In the  dropins  directory create another directory called  war .
  6. In the  war  directory another directory called  extensions . This should give you a directory structure like this:
    c:\Programs\DOORSNG\server\liberty\servers\clm\dropins\war\extensions

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Oct 20 '16, 12:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Did you deploy your CLM 6.0.2 install on Liberty, or on WebSphere Application Server?

I have a Out-Of-The-Box Liberty install and deploy with CLM 6.0.2, and the server.xml file is located as indicated by the Wiki article. Deploying on WAS changes things and the example doesn't cover that.

Shuchita Tripathi commented Oct 21 '16, 3:08 a.m.

Hi Bas,

Our CLM is installed in WAS, not on Liberty.

Do you know any document where I can get information on how to perform the above steps in WAS?

Bas Bekker commented Oct 21 '16, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not aware how to do a quick sample deploy on WAS. See Donald's comment below in the same Wiki article for a more formal WAS deployment.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 21 '16, 3:44 a.m.
Please read the document carefully. To deploy to a WAS profile, follow the instructions in the last section of the page, titled "Hosting extensions on WebSphere Application Server".
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Jun 11 '21, 9:25 a.m.

I have followed the document, but still unable to deploy. Can you please let me know correct steps.

Thanks,
Deepali 

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 11 '21, 9:59 a.m. | edited Jun 11 '21, 10:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Again, do not comment on other people questions/answers with a question. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.