It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I include attributes from linked objects in module views in DOORS NG?

Patrick Bray (11) | asked Apr 19 '23, 4:41 p.m.
edited Apr 20 '23, 2:52 a.m. by Fariz Saracevic (904613)

Hi, 

I've been using DOORS Classic for years. One feature I have found indespensible is building a view in a module including chosen attributes in linked objects in othe modules so that they display dynamically. I've just moved within my business and when I applied for an account to start a new project I found out they have moved to NG. 
Obviously NG is a little different but the biggest problem that I have is that I can't build the views that I used to. Is there a way to achieve the same thing in the module view that I used to? 
E.g.
In a test module if have a list of events with attributes such as test name, location, date, description. I would link to these event from a systems req module. In the rest module I may build a view showing all the requirements ids liked to that event and possible the short text. In the requirements module I may build a view including the test id, the test date, test location.
Any help would be appreciated. The IBM rep didn't seem to think it was possible - but it seems like such a key function to have been excluded I think I must have described my request poorly!
Kind Regards
Patrick

One answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Apr 19 '23, 7:55 p.m.

When you add a display column for the link, you can then open the "Configure Columns to Display" dialog, select the link and then the "Format" button becomes available. This will let you select up to 5 attributes from the linked artefact to display inside the link column.

Comments
Patrick Bray commented Apr 20 '23, 1:17 a.m.

Many thanks, I'm away from my desk but I'll give this a go and report back.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.