It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error using team concert plugin in jenkins pipeline

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Oct 11 '16, 12:35 p.m.
Hi,
I'm using Team Concert plugin (v 1.2.0.1) in Jenkins to integrate with RTC 5.0.2. It works fine.

I'm starting to use the pipeline plugin and I add the following script (created using the snippet-creation tool):
stage 'SmokeTest'
node('windows'){
    teamconcert([buildDefinition: 'SmokeTestBuild', value: 'buildDefinition'])
    bat '..myscript.bat'
}
but I obtain this not really clear error:

[Pipeline] stage (SmokeTest)
Using the ‘stage’ step without a block argument is deprecated
Entering stage SmokeTest
Proceeding
[Pipeline] node
Running on myserver in C:\JK\workspace\Pipeline test
[Pipeline] {
[Pipeline] teamconcert
RTC : checkout...
[Pipeline] }
[Pipeline] // node
[Pipeline] End of Pipeline
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCScm.checkout(RTCScm.java:1948)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep.checkout(SCMStep.java:109)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep$StepExecutionImpl.run(SCMStep.java:83)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.scm.SCMStep$StepExecutionImpl.run(SCMStep.java:73)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution$1$1.call(AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution.java:52)
	at hudson.security.ACL.impersonate(ACL.java:213)
	at org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.steps.AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution$1.run(AbstractSynchronousNonBlockingStepExecution.java:49)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Finished: FAILURE
Do you know what I can check to make it working properly? The jenkins configuration are the same that works fine with the freestyle jobs.

Thanks,
Michele

One answer

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Oct 12 '16, 2:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would suggest to use the "checkout:General SCM" step and choose Rational Team Concert for SCM, instead of using the "teamconcert:Team Concert" step, in the pipeline scripts. The teamconcert step is not updated to reflect some of the latest UI changes.

Thanks,
Sridevi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.