It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Post-commit hook in RTC?

Joy Lim (3111) | asked May 10 '12, 2:38 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '13, 11:20 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
I am really new with RTC. Here's a summary of the inquiry:

Context: RTC as an SCM tool and Hudson/Jenkins as build and CI engine

Goal: trigger a build each time a commit is executed in RTC

:?: Inquiry: Is there a way to define a post-commit hook in RTC as an SCM tool such that whenever there's a code commit, it remotely triggers a build in Hudson/Jenkins?

Appreciate your inputs!

Comments
Frederick Clark commented Jun 13 '13, 11:11 a.m. | edited Jun 13 '13, 11:51 a.m.

i have the same problem... have you figured out a solution yet?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 13 '13, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes there is, it is described in general here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 for the RTC Build engine.
For Jenkins/Hudson, I am not sure. You might want to look into the new integration now provided.

If not, technically, if you can communicate you could use the same mechanism to tell Jenkins to build. Or you could create something in Jenkins that checks for incoming changes on a stream and kick off the build.

Comments
Frederick Clark commented Jun 13 '13, 11:42 a.m.

every opcion jenkins offers is based on polling the SCM for changes on a certain schedule. im looking for a way to trigger post commit builds immidiately from RTC but there is not much information on it.

Tim Mok commented Jun 13 '13, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would go the way of extensions as well. You could implement a deliver participant that triggers a build. It would be the right place to kickoff a build. I suggest checking out the article to see if you can do what you need.

permanent link
Greg Pflaum (67913) | answered Jun 17 '13, 4:17 p.m.
Jorge Díaz from the Jazz Jumpstart Team has example code for this: http://jorgediazblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/rtc-build-on-deliver-participant/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.