It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.2 iFix005: Is there a way to query an enumeration list for work items where there are no values selected?

Heather Linsk (1422151) | asked Oct 05 '16, 1:34 p.m.
edited Oct 05 '16, 1:36 p.m.
I have several enumerated lists in my work item.

From a quality check perspective, I would like to be able to query for those work items, where the user hasn't checked any values.

I have 18 values in the enumeration list and selected the "not containing" option in the query editor and selecting all values doesn't work.

There is the "exists" option, is there a corresponding "does not exist" option?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 05 '16, 4:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 05 '16, 4:08 p.m.
As far as I understand, Enumerations can not have no values. An enumeration has a default and an unassigned value. So it always has a value. A work item can not have the attribute at all though. You can show the items not having the value in the process configuration.

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Oct 06 '16, 8:51 a.m.

Is there any thought to allowing enumerations (multi-pick) to not have a default value?  Or if there is a default value like "unassigned" is there a way to suppress the unassigned value from displaying in the presentation?

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Oct 06 '16, 10:58 a.m.
Hello,

Have you tried the Eclipse client for creating this query? If I remember correctly, I think there is an "Unassigned" checkbox in the Eclipse, but not Web client...(sorry, I am not near my installation at the moment to double check).

Comments
Heather Linsk commented Oct 06 '16, 3:32 p.m.

Hi Sterling!

I did try it from Eclipse but it only give the values I have in the enumeration.  I did not create an Unassigned value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.