It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to synchronize Rational Team Concert with clearcase

Peter Trotter (111) | asked Aug 26 '09, 3:01 a.m.
When clicking "Finish" on "Jazz Source Control Information" the following pop up is displayed:
"ClearCase Connector Error Message"

Message is:
"The error below was detected while initializing the Connector algorithm. The Connector must be properly initialized to function, so further processing is impossible. Please fix the problem and retry the operation"

"Reason:
Failure while trying to execute cleartool command:

cleartool mkview -stream
stream:...

cleartool:Error: Attempt to get location information on "..." failed: No such file or directory

3 answers

permanent link
Peter Trotter (111) | answered Aug 26 '09, 3:55 a.m.
Found out that I need to set up the shared directory "VIEWSTORE" to have full control for the logged in user.

HOWEVER, the process continues until the following error is displayed:

"'Save Stream' failed. Permission denied."

How does the user get permission to save a stream, i.e. "modify/stream/create"

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 26 '09, 7:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Setting up the clear case connector is discussed here: http://jazz.net/library/technote/68

My summary so far is twofold:

1- the user running against RTC needs sufficient rights on the specific project. Is the user assigned to the project, what are the permissions in the project configuration. This might be your issue right now. Open the project go to process configuration and grand the user/role the neccessary permissions on project as well as on team level.

2. The connector runs using a clear case user. This user too has to have the right permissions on ClearCase.

In case of issues have a look at the log and try the sequence of connamds failing on the machine that runs the connector. Most issues I have seen where related to configuration/setup and permission issues.

Ralph

permanent link
Peter Trotter (111) | answered Aug 27 '09, 3:38 a.m.
Ralph,

Thank you for your suggestions, I did follow this up and made progress on this and was able to stop the error and progress to the next stage.

Regards,

Peter.

Setting up the clear case connector is discussed here: http://jazz.net/library/technote/68

My summary so far is twofold:

1- the user running against RTC needs sufficient rights on the specific project. Is the user assigned to the project, what are the permissions in the project configuration. This might be your issue right now. Open the project go to process configuration and grand the user/role the neccessary permissions on project as well as on team level.

2. The connector runs using a clear case user. This user too has to have the right permissions on ClearCase.

In case of issues have a look at the log and try the sequence of connamds failing on the machine that runs the connector. Most issues I have seen where related to configuration/setup and permission issues.

Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.