It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible in DNG 6.0.2 to lock an artifact on the stream while requiring change sets for changes?

Jamie Berry (14014196) | asked Sep 28 '16, 7:00 p.m.
We are piloting the usage of Configuration Management in DNG 6.0.2 at our company and I have run into an issue that I am not seeing a way around.  I can manually lock an artifact in a Stream and it prevents others from making changes in the stream or delivering change sets to the stream while it is locked.  That is all good, but if I want to enable the restriction on the stream to force users to make changes in a change set, I don't see a way of acquiring a lock on the stream.  This allows multiple users to make changes to the artifact without realizing that someone else is making changes at the same time.  This makes an even greater chance of having conflicts on delivery.

Even with locking the artifact on the stream, users can still make changes in their own change sets without realizing the artifact is locked.  Is there anything that can be done to help users avoid conflicts on delivery, especially since there isn't a built-in merge capability, comparison side by side is helpful, but it is easy to bypass and just overwrite on delivery.

Thanks,
Jamie.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.