It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No patch found on running Jazz Server

Nabil Mak (2357) | asked Aug 04 '15, 10:12 a.m.
Hi All,
Rational tools are totally a new platform for me.

I have been trying to use Rational DoorsNG (trial) . I have completed the installation of Requirement Management.

How do i host the installed RM on web ?  Please share some references on this

P.S I ran Start the Jazz team server as administrator. It executed few steps and it stopped saying "No Patch Found" while executing "com.ibm.team.osgi.patch.patchConfigurator addHooks"

What am i missing here? Do i need to install something else?

Please refer some tutorial links that will be so helpful for me to start.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
MAK.

3 answers

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Aug 04 '15, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  Hi,

The message you see about the patchConfigurator is expected, and it should not be fatal. If this is your first time starting the application after installation, it may take some time in order to provision and configure the packages correctly, so that is not unexpected. Once you receive a message that the server has started, you should be able to navigate to https://[your_server_hostname]:9443/jts/setup in order to set up the CLM application(s) for usage, and once setup is complete then you can use the "Home" dropdown button in the top-left corner of the page to navigate between the CLM applications. If you have any specific questions about the product, you can also refer to https://jazz.net/help/ to search for any applicable information or documentation.

Hope this helps,
Mike

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 04 '15, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is perfectly normal if you run a system that has no patch/iFix applied. The server looks for a deployed patch that it could deploy and does not find one.

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Aug 04 '15, 10:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Go through the Interactive Installation Guide, that should get you going.
Note you need both a Jazz Team Server and the DNG server running to be able to get something functional.

The "no patch found" message is OK. But if it stopped there something is wrong. You should see at one point something like "INFO: Server startup in <xxxx> ms"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.