It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Closed] ExcelImport: Importing Testcases with and without Testscript together

Kumar Kumar (6427) | asked Sep 01 '16, 11:23 p.m.
edited Sep 27 '16, 6:07 a.m.
Hello,

I have two cases -

1. I have three Test cases one with Test script and two without test scripts. How can I import this test cases where TC1,TC2 and TC3 test cases need to be created and only TS1 testscript need to be created and linked to TS1.

2. I have Test cases (TC1, TC2 and TC3) in sheet "Testspec" and have Test scripts (TS1, TS2 and TS3) in different sheets "TC1_script", "TC2_Script and "TC3_script". How can I create Test cases and test scripts and Link together.

Kindly let me know the possibility to Import above cases to RQM.

Thanks,

Regards,
Kumar

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Sep 02 '16, 3:30 a.m.
Hi, Kumar

The same approach we discussed in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/227596/excelimport-how-to-link-testplan-and-testcase
should apply to this scenario.

The point is you have specified artifactID for testscript and add that id to a column in test case sheet
and use testcase.testscript=Link(column name with test script id)

if you don't want any test case to associate with the specific test script, in the artifact ID of test script column defined in test case sheet, leave it as blank.

Please let me know if you have any problem.
Kumar Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kumar Kumar commented Sep 02 '16, 3:52 a.m.

We have some standard test template which we need to transfer it to RQM without any additional effort. as there are more than 100 test scripts.
How to create test script if they are in different pages for Example-

"TS1 sheet" has Test script TS1.

"TS2 sheet" has Test script TS2.

"TS3 sheet" has Test script TS3.

How to create such test script.

Don Yang commented Sep 04 '16, 9:21 p.m. | edited Sep 04 '16, 9:23 p.m.

The only way I can think about is to import one by one by editing the cfg file to pointing to different sheet if you don't want to merge them manually(suppose all of them have the same format in different sheet)

Kumar Kumar commented Sep 06 '16, 3:23 a.m.

I tried creating test script sheet by sheet but I got an error.
All script in one sheet works.
Multiple test script creation codes throws an error.

Don Yang commented Sep 06 '16, 4:03 a.m.

if cfg file tries to point to multiple sheets in one go, I don't think it would work.
What I mean is to run the import one by one: import one sheet at a time by changing the cfg file pointing to the different sheet of script(if others cells are formatted the same)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.