It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you customize the Insight login page?

Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | asked Jun 11 '13, 10:34 a.m.
Is there a way to customize or update the Insight login page/splash screen?  We'd like the ability to alert users about upcoming outages or upgrades and add this to the main page as a reminder. Also, it would be nice to add a server identifier to the main page for development purposes. 

For example, when I log into Framework Manager I get a popup to authenticate in the report server.  Unless I bring up Cognos Configuration and check, I don't know if I'm authenticating against my production Insight server, test server, or development server. This is important because we don't want to prematurely publish a Framework Manager package or ETL package to production before it has been fully tested.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 14 '13, 10:26 a.m.
edited Jun 14 '13, 10:35 a.m.
Hello Jackie,

It looks like the login background image is loaded from the following URL:
http://server:port/reporting/ps/login/images/login_form.png

which would correspond to the file:
[WAS Instalation Folder]\profiles\RationalReporting\installedApps\WIN-8COGOPO9D2YNode01Cell\IBM Cognos.ear\p2pd.war\ps\login\images\login_form.png

If you edit the image, the change should persist unless you have to redeploy the application.

Customized Login Screen

Best Regards
Francesco

Jackie Albert selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jackie Albert commented Jun 17 '13, 10:23 a.m.

Thanks, that did the trick!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.