It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

It is possible to instantiating more than one RQM Adapter connection in RPT or RIT?

Ricardo Souza (17210) | asked Aug 19 '16, 10:17 a.m.
I want to know if it is possible to instantiating more than one RQM Adapter in Rational Test Tools, through configuration file.

The client is asking me this 2 questions:

1. if it is possible to have more than one RQM Adapter Connection in the same machine to run in parallel, in RPT, RFT and RIT.

2. Can i specify in my RQM Adapter Config from RIT and RPT, more than one project Area.

The main idea  is let in pre-configurated those RQM Adapter Connections pointing to a specific Project Area, for when I start a test I don't need to change in the configuration file the Project Area.

If anyone know some guidance, I will be glad to hear.

Kind Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun Kutty (26) | answered Sep 06 '16, 7:28 a.m.
Hi Ricardo,

As we discussed on ST on the RPT perspective:

>> 1. if it is possible to have more than one RQM Adapter Connection in the same machine to run in parallel, in RPT, RFT and RIT.
The RQM Adapter uses configuration settings from a file, typically C:\ProgramData\IBM\RQMConnectivity\rqmadapterV2.ini. Since this file is not tied to a workspace, there is no straightforward means to get to RQM Adapters to run in parallel.
However, I think at least in theory, 2 instances could start up with different settings if a wrapper script can overwrite contents of this file before starting up the adapter. I haven't tested this configuration out. Also, note that if you are pursuing this option, the workspaces used by the RQMAdapter instances should configure the workbench server ports to be different.

>> 2. Can i specify in my RQM Adapter Config from RIT and RPT, more than one project Area.
No, we can't create multiple project areas on the same RQM Adapter instance.

Thanks,
Arun
Ricardo Souza selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.