It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to turn off Oracle database access and still access CLM 5.0.2 from Internet Explorer?

Dennis Kirkpatrick (1516) | asked Aug 11 '16, 12:20 p.m.

We are using windows 2012 server running CLM 5.0.2 to connect to an oracle database. Is it possible to turn off Oracle database access and still access CLM 5.0.2 from Internet Explorer? We are in the process of standing up a new cloned server and want to compare configurations to our production server.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Aug 12 '16, 2:10 a.m.
I am unsure of your question here. There are various ways to compare configurations, but I don't think you can turn off database access and still view the Web UI from IE. If you do, you would not be able to display anything properly. The Web UI relies on various information from the database. (You can see this when displaying e.g. a project dashboard, as it will fetch information from the database and slowly populate each widget).
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alan Sampson commented Aug 12 '16, 2:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would go even further and say that the database is the application.  Without access to it's repository CLM can't retrieve anything useful.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 12 '16, 2:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

At best you will be able to open the admin UI and see repository service errors all over the place. And this requires at least to be able to log in which, I think, requires at least the JTS DB being up and connected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.