It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue in exporting files and folders to Rational base ClearCase using ClearCase Synchronizer

Sekar GCS (23314) | asked Aug 02 '16, 1:16 p.m.
I have base clearcase vob, the vob name is  vobA and it folder structure is
M:\view1\vobA\folder1\subCompA
I too applied attribute type as per the  Preparing a sub-VOB component link
From RTC side, we have subCompA component which i tried to export to base clearcase vob sub folder.
but the build is failed with below error logs

Problem running 'synchronizeStream':
Synchronization blocked by error:
javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4023W The root at "Pathname|/workspace/_pop3AFjGEeaDu_nwKAde7A/subCompA" could not be transferred.
The synchronizer was not able to complete the requested operation
Fix any errors reported in the rest of the log file.
javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4066E: The synchronization process cannot be completed. A versioned object base (VOB) tag that matches the "subCompA" component name cannot be found.
Build failed. Exit value was 3.

Could you please suggest me that do i need to correct any configuration /  apply the attribute  / folder strucutre?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 02 '16, 11:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try first doing an import from the sub-vob component in ClearCase into RTC.
If this works, then "accept" the configuration of that component into the synchronized stream, and try another sync.
This should effectively export that content to the sub-vob component.
Sekar GCS selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sekar GCS commented Aug 03 '16, 4:11 a.m. | edited Aug 03 '16, 4:11 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey Clemm,
As per your advise, i tried to import. but there is an issue  in selecting component to import.
When i expand that top level folder (vobB), i could not see any sub folder and also if i select root folder (vobA), i am getting below error message.

Node 'vobA' cannot be selected.Cannot find a configuration for the selected resource. Please select a resource within VOB or sub-VOB component

from clearcase side, the vobB has below folder structure
M:\view1\vobA\folder1\subCompA
and i have applied  subVOB_Component attribute to  folder1\subCompA folder

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 05 '16, 1:05 a.m. | edited Aug 05 '16, 1:05 a.m.

The attribute you have to apply (to the directory element, not to a version of the directory) is:

com.ibm.rational.interop.ClearCase.subVOB_Component
Did you include that full name?

Sekar GCS commented Aug 11 '16, 11:17 a.m. | edited Aug 12 '16, 12:45 a.m.

Still  export process not working properly … Let me explain what i have tried.....Please let me know, what is wrong/ what I have missed.

From RTC side, we have one component

• rtccompA ( it has one file : test.txt)

From base clearcase side

To export files and folders to Rational base ClearCase, we have created a vob from clearcase.
VOB name : cc_vob

and also created a sub folder "rtccompA"  to accept the changes from RTC component
also created an atrribute type  "com.ibm.rational.interop.ClearCase.subVOB_Component" using below commend.

cleartool mkattype -global -nc -shared -vtype string com.ibm.rational.interop.ClearCase.subVOB_Component

and applied the attribute to the vob sub folder (rtccompA) using  below comment.

cleartool mkattr -nc com.ibm.rational.interop.ClearCase.subVOB_Component \"rtccompA\" rtccompA@@

Also created a branch type to use  create sync stream in RTC
clearcase branch type selector = test_branch@\cc_vob

From RTC side : Created a synchronized stream "test_branch"  from below path
File > new > others > jazz source control > clearcase synchronized stream > import from an existing base clearcase branch ( clearcase branch type selector = test_branch@\cc_vob )

once created a "test_branch" synchronized stream, we have added existing RTC component  (rtccompA ) to synchronized stream.

and  selected  rtccompA  and its sub file test.txt  export by  synchronization . ( from select fiel to syncronize >" select files and folders in jazz"  > Browse for files to synchronize

Once completed build, we received below error.  

Processed activity "Error while trying to transfer: Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA

Reason Code: method-not-supported

Reason: CRRTC4023W The root at "Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA" could not be transferred.

Fix any errors reported in the rest of the log file. " in 5961 millisecond(s)

Processed activity "Error while trying to transfer: Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA/test.txt

Reason Code: method-not-supported

Reason: CRRTC4023W The root at "Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA/test.txt" could not be transferred.

Fix any errors reported in the rest of the log file. " in 804 millisecond(s)

Jazz:

Number of files created = 0

Number of files updated = 0

Number of folders created = 0

Number of folders updated = 0

Number of symbolic links created = 0

ClearCase:

Number of files created = 0

Number of files updated = 0

Number of folders created = 0

Number of folders updated = 0

Number of symbolic links created = 0

Problem running 'synchronizeStream':

Synchronization blocked by error:

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Some files could not be synchronized

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4023W The root at "Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA" could not be transferred.

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4066E: The synchronization process cannot be completed. A versioned object base (VOB) tag that matches the "rtccompA" component name cannot be found.

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4023W The root at "Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA/test.txt" could not be transferred.

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4066E: The synchronization process cannot be completed. A versioned object base (VOB) tag that matches the "rtccompA" component name cannot be found.

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4023W The root at "Pathname|/workspace/_DyZxQF_REeaxvd32lFg7rg/rtccompA" could not be transferred.

Build failed. Exit value was 3.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 12 '16, 1:02 a.m. | edited Aug 12 '16, 1:03 a.m.

The advice in the original answer applies to every new component added to the synchronized stream, i.e.:
"Try first doing an import from the sub-vob component in ClearCase into RTC. "
So in this case, you need to first import at least one file from the ClearCase sub-vob component rtccompA into RTC before you can export any rtccompA changes from RTC to ClearCase.

Sekar GCS commented Aug 12 '16, 6:24 a.m.

Yes. you are right... export is working fine, once import clearcase sub-vob component rtccompA or its file into RTC. thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.