It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does RTC only show one team member data in Team Absences Report (from Report Central) when there is more than one user with same initials?

Daniel Senko (171311) | asked Dec 17 '15, 4:42 p.m.

We are seeing a limitation in RTC in the Team Absences report (from Reports Central). The issue is that we have team members that carry the same initials; i.e. 2 team members sharing the same first letter in their first and last names such as John Doe and Jane Dont.  The RTC report does not seem to distinguish the 2 users as independent users when it shows the absences in the calendar view as only one user's data is displayed for initials JD. This creates confusion among the team trying to figure out which one is absent/on vacation and which one is not when using the report.

Is there any solutions to address this? On our larger teams, we rely on Team Absence report info a lot for planning and daily availability information.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Dec 18 '15, 4:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Daniel, the Team Absences report looks like it was contributed by the community. I could not get the name of the contributor. I looked at the file and saw the following function:

function shortname(name) {
    var allNames = name.split(" ");
    nick = "";
    for (var i = 0; i < allNames.length; i++) {
        nick += allNames[i].substr(0,1);
    }
    return nick;
}

You could edit that function and change the implementation of shortname. If you want to display full names:

function shortname(name) {
return name;
}
Daniel Senko selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Daniel Senko commented Feb 02 '16, 12:21 p.m.

We could have implemented this but decided the full name would not be very usable in the UI.  Workaround was creating multiple teams to resolve duplicates

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.