It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict modify attribute within single work item type by role

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Jul 21 '16, 8:00 p.m.
I thought I had done this in prior projects, but I can't see it now, so I apologize for the stupid question :-)

I need to restrict who can set the "Planned For" built-in attribute for only 1 work item type (Requirement) to a given role (Product Owner) but NOT restrict who can set the PlannedFor attribute in all of the other work item types.

I thought I could do this just in Permissions, but I can't see where I can restrict modify of that attribute in just one of the 6 work item types via that.

Is this possible (I'm on 5.0.2).

Susan

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 22 '16, 5:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Susan,

have you tried Permissions for Work Item -> Save Work Item -> Modify Work Item?

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 22 '16, 5:16 a.m.
I suppose you can use the precondition Read-only Attributes for Types and States. Just enable it against Planned For of that particular work item type for all the roles that do not have permission to set it.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 22 '16, 5:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can not limit it to specific roles. Also roles aggregate permissions. You always have the Everyone role and you will have to remove the permission there as well.

An option for read only: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/06/19/a-custom-condition-to-make-attributes-required-or-read-only-by-role/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.