It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a requirement in DNG 6.x with a link type LinkTo to another Requiment [resolved]

Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | asked Jul 21 '16, 9:54 a.m.
edited Jul 21 '16, 1:02 p.m.
Hello,
I'm an experienced OSLC developer however I am stuck with a simple POST request unless it is a bug or the feature I'm looking for is not available. Please help me out! I face the issue on both Jazz v5 and v6 with configuration management enabled.

Creating a requirement is relatively easy. I was able to send a simple POST request to DNG and create a new requirement using both a REST client and my java sample code. In my scenario I need to create few requirements which are linked to each other using the link type Link (to/from). When I add a statement with the property "http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/rdm/types/Link" that points to the actual resource, DNG just drops it. In the requirement RDF document, my statement looks like :
<j.0:Link rdf:resource="https://server:9443/rm/resources/_Tbaahsasajauasga-PQ" />

Even better, I have copied an existing requirement with a relationship Link (to) and I have pasted it into my REST client. It doesn't change anything. DNG always drops it.

I have just read here that  "It is possible from RDNG version 5.0.2 and up, older versions does not support those types of linking via the OSLC RM service provider. "

Here is my question:
How can I create a relationship LinkTo from a requirement to another within RDNG v6 with CCM enabled using a standard REST client?

3 answers

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Jul 21 '16, 1:00 p.m.
Well I have fixed the problem by myself. I have just followed all the steps I have described here against a fresh install of RDNG (6.0.2) and it worked.

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Jul 21 '16, 1:01 p.m.
edited Jul 21 '16, 1:01 p.m.
I consider this issue as resolved now. I wonder if it is possible to mark questions as solved!

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered Jul 21 '16, 10:41 p.m.
Hi, The support to create RM link via OSLC was added in version 5.0.2.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.