It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0.2 - How do I associate my new Test Schedule with the 'Iteration' attribute for my TER in a test case?

Lannie Truong (111) | asked Jul 12 '16, 6:06 p.m.
How do I associate my new Test Schedule with the 'Iteration' attribute for my TER in a test case?
I have a test plan with many test cases, and I tried to create a TER using a new Test Schedule I created.  But I cannot pick the new Timeline Test schedule from the pick list of a TER's add wizard, because the pick list is blank.

1. I created a new Test Schedule timeline under Manage Project Time Line in RQM 5.0.2
2. I used this new TimeLine schedule as a project timeline by checking the check box  ' Use this timeline as a project timeline'.  And set the selected timeline as my Project timeline, save changes
3. I saw that the new Test Schedules under my test plan just fine
4. When tried to create a new TER, while inside the add wizard, under the 'Iteration' attribute, I only see 'Unassigned' shown, other time lines(Test Schedules) are not showing up in my pick list? 
How an i get my pick list to populate with the list of timelines/ test schedules already created in my test plan?

2 answers

permanent link
Lannie Truong (111) | answered Jul 12 '16, 6:56 p.m.
I read a few documentation links people posted on creating Test Schedules and i'm able to resolve this issue by associating the timeline to the project timeline at the Main Development Line level instead of at the newer timeline level, this solved my problem. 

I added this note so hoping it can benefit others. 

Thanks anyway for this wonderful forums.

permanent link
Lannie Truong (111) | answered Jul 12 '16, 6:57 p.m.
My answer is as shown above, thanks to this Forums and links to documentations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.