It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Download giving wrong version??

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Aug 18 '09, 8:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Installed RRC 1.0.0.1 from jazz.net, and while the client seems to be 1.0.0.1, the server seems to be the old 1.0 version.

I ran the install, all seemed well but got the jrsuser is not part of the rdm project and also when starting up the client, I get the error that my server is 1.0 and not compatible with my client.

Did I miss some vital step??

thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Aug 19 '09, 11:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
yes, this is a recurring issue for many folks. I suggest you review this forumpost: http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5633

if you forget to add the jrs functional user to the rdm project area, you will get this misleading message. jrs functional user is the user that you defined during Configuration Setup phase of the Config Utility. however this user must be added to the Jazz Team Server using the User Management Admin Web UI, and then added to the rdm project area.

the tomcat console should display a message , '<jrsfunctionalusername> successfully logged on to rdm'
it you do not see this message, then you will be mislead to think that the server is downlevel.

Installation Manager has a Installed Packages program menu shortcut that confirms for you what versions you have installed.

Hi

Installed RRC 1.0.0.1 from jazz.net, and while the client seems to be 1.0.0.1, the server seems to be the old 1.0 version.

I ran the install, all seemed well but got the jrsuser is not part of the rdm project and also when starting up the client, I get the error that my server is 1.0 and not compatible with my client.

Did I miss some vital step??

thanks

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.