It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE 2.1 shows blank page

Jorge Alarcon (411122) | asked Jun 30 '16, 10:19 p.m.
Hi

I am trying to install Rational Publishing Engine 2.1 on Linux and I followed the instructions on the Interactive Installation Guide on IBM Knowledge center but after I completed the web app deployment but when I try to access the rpeng url is just showing blank page, I checked the rpeng.log , rpedgaas.log and SystemOut.log and there are no errors, even dgaas/debug url is working fine

I tried using firebug to see if the web page throws any errors, but is not displaying anything

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sunil Shenoy U (362) | answered Jul 04 '16, 2:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jorge,

To troubleshoot the issue, could you please share the below information

- How is the deployment is carried out.
   -com.ibm.rpe.web.app.ear
used for the deployment OR
   -rpeng.war
and dgaas.war is deployed separately ( If this method is used, then is it deployed on the different machine / OR in the same machine

- Make sure Java 2 security is unchecked in WAS
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6RHZ_2.1.0/com.ibm.rational.pe.install.doc/images/global_security.gif

- Which Database is used for the data storage?.. For DB2, make sure that the database is created with 16K pages and the UTF-8 code set.
E.g
db2 CREATE DATABASE rpedb2 AUTOMATIC STORAGE Yes USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US COLLATE USING SYSTEM PAGESIZE 16384;

Could you share the rpeng.log , rpedgaas.log and SystemOut.log
-PS: rpedgaas.log and rpeng.log files are available under /root

Regards
Sunil Shenoy
Jorge Alarcon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 06 '16, 1:33 a.m.

Hi Sunil

I don't see any option to attach a file here but I have uploaded the logs on this dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie1vkb598r5wmzl/rpelogs.tar?dl=0

I used com.ibm.rpe.web.app.ear in the deployment and java security is not enabled.

I created databases like this: db2 create database DGAASL using codeset UTF-8 territory en PAGESIZE 16384 , I created one for rpedb and another for dgaasl, I'm not sure if this is wrong and if could be causing the problem

Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 06 '16, 1:45 a.m.

I just changed the dgaas data source to use the same database as rpeng and now I'm getting this error: Error 400: RPENG license checkout failed. Error is: 400

Sunil Shenoy U commented Jul 06 '16, 3:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jorge,
There is no need to create a separate database for RPENG and DGAAS.. Creating only one database is sufficient...
Creating Separate data source RPENG and DGAAS is required. Point these data source to the same database.
As you have pointed dgaas to use the same database as rpeng it looks good.

Now regarding the "Error 400: RPENG license checkout failed" error, looks like it is unable to detect the license.

My suggestion would be
- Create a TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE env variable in Websphere Application Server( incase it doesn't consider the system env variable) under Application Server->server1(Profile_Name)>Process Definition-> Environment Entries and restart the WAS Server.
E.g
TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE=port@server_host

-Check the License server details under $HOME/.flexlmrc in and make sure that the value of TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE is pointing to the valid license server.

Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 06 '16, 2:25 p.m.

After changing using the same database for both of them and fixing the problem with the License Server the application is working fine

One other answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jun 30 '16, 10:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jorge,

Could you provide a bit more details of your Linux flavor and version?

Comments
Jorge Alarcon commented Jul 01 '16, 11:49 a.m.

Hi Fariz

I am using RHEL 6.7 and running the apps on Websphere Application Server Network Deployment 8.5.5.9.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.