RPE 2.1 shows blank page
Hi
I am trying to install Rational Publishing Engine 2.1 on Linux and I followed the instructions on the Interactive Installation Guide on IBM Knowledge center but after I completed the web app deployment but when I try to access the rpeng url is just showing blank page, I checked the rpeng.log , rpedgaas.log and SystemOut.log and there are no errors, even dgaas/debug url is working fine
I tried using firebug to see if the web page throws any errors, but is not displaying anything
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Regards
I am trying to install Rational Publishing Engine 2.1 on Linux and I followed the instructions on the Interactive Installation Guide on IBM Knowledge center but after I completed the web app deployment but when I try to access the rpeng url is just showing blank page, I checked the rpeng.log , rpedgaas.log and SystemOut.log and there are no errors, even dgaas/debug url is working fine
I tried using firebug to see if the web page throws any errors, but is not displaying anything
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Regards
Accepted answer
Hi Jorge,
To troubleshoot the issue, could you please share the below information
- How is the deployment is carried out.
-com.ibm.rpe.web.app.ear used for the deployment OR
-rpeng.war and dgaas.war is deployed separately ( If this method is used, then is it deployed on the different machine / OR in the same machine
- Make sure Java 2 security is unchecked in WAS
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6RHZ_2.1.0/com.ibm.rational.pe.install.doc/images/global_security.gif
- Which Database is used for the data storage?.. For DB2, make sure that the database is created with 16K pages and the UTF-8 code set.
E.g
db2 CREATE DATABASE rpedb2 AUTOMATIC STORAGE Yes USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US COLLATE USING SYSTEM PAGESIZE 16384;
Could you share the rpeng.log , rpedgaas.log and SystemOut.log
-PS: rpedgaas.log and rpeng.log files are available under /root
Regards
Sunil Shenoy
To troubleshoot the issue, could you please share the below information
- How is the deployment is carried out.
-com.ibm.rpe.web.app.ear used for the deployment OR
-rpeng.war and dgaas.war is deployed separately ( If this method is used, then is it deployed on the different machine / OR in the same machine
- Make sure Java 2 security is unchecked in WAS
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SS6RHZ_2.1.0/com.ibm.rational.pe.install.doc/images/global_security.gif
- Which Database is used for the data storage?.. For DB2, make sure that the database is created with 16K pages and the UTF-8 code set.
E.g
db2 CREATE DATABASE rpedb2 AUTOMATIC STORAGE Yes USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US COLLATE USING SYSTEM PAGESIZE 16384;
Could you share the rpeng.log , rpedgaas.log and SystemOut.log
-PS: rpedgaas.log and rpeng.log files are available under /root
Regards
Sunil Shenoy
Comments
1 vote