It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any process like v-model can be used directly?

iris wang (662313) | asked Aug 17 '09, 4:22 p.m.
We're investigating using jazz as project management tools, and our current development model is like the traditional v-model, we'd like to know if there's any built-in process model in jazz team concert like this? If so, can we customize some parameters? I know that there's process models like scrum in team concert, just wonder if there're models that are usually used in traditional project management cycle? Thank you so much! :)

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 18 '09, 3:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
HI,

I know that within IBM RTC is used with all sorts of processes also waterfall like processes. I also know that a customer had someone creating a tool thet uses Vmodel XT input to create a template for Rational Method Composer which then was applied to RTC using the respective incubator.

Dependent on the scope you have it might be worth also to look at https://jazz.net/projects/rational-focal-point-for-project-management/

Just giving it a brief thought what you would probably do is to start with the simple process. Then customize the work items for your needs and change the project timeline according to your setup. Also this might have impact on the reports. So you might have to customize these too.

Maybe someone who has actually done a VModel project with RTC could also respond.

Thanks,

Ralph

permanent link
Kaushik Bhalerao (611810) | answered Jun 08 '12, 8:18 a.m.
edited Jun 08 '12, 8:19 a.m.
HI Ralph Schoon  Please Give Required Steps in brief to implement V model In RTC RRC and RQM ; With and without Rational Method  Composer . Please reply as soon as possible. 
Thanks For your previous information in comment .

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42956056) | answered Aug 11 '15, 4:56 a.m.
 Hi,

Are there any new pages updated with examples of V-model implementation in RTC ? 
I understand that the process template could be customized. It will be good to refer some successful implementation techniques or guidance towards the design.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.