It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelImporter Using XLSLink to Link a testcase to a remotescript

Nigel Powell (11) | asked Jun 13 '16, 2:05 p.m.
using the RQMExcelImporter I have followed many examples found on Jazz.net or at the IBM site and although I can get a manual testscript to link with a testcase I cannot seem to do the same for a remotescript.

I have tried the following in the configuration file:
remotescript.XLSLink=testcase
testcase.XLSLink=remotescript
testcase.XLSLinkReverse=true
remotescript.XLSLinkReverse=true

I have used at least one or more of the XLSLink configuration commands and I have also tried one or more of the XLSLink commands with the XLSLinkReverse=true for either the remotescript or the testcase, but nothing I have tried links the remotescript to the testcase or visa versa.

Any ideas, thanks?

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 13 '16, 11:30 p.m.

Hi, Nigel

Have you tried with sample
Testcase with Remote Scripts 001.xls/Testcase with Remote Scripts 001.cfg(located in the installed ExcelImporter directory > sample folder
and see if it works for you? If yes, your own cfg/xls should look similar to the sample to make it work.

thanks

Nigel Powell commented Jun 15 '16, 9:04 a.m.

Please see my answer below

One answer

permanent link
Nigel Powell (11) | answered Jun 15 '16, 9:03 a.m.
 I have used the example and I have just found a weired thing happening.

If I run the import twice without changing the configuration file the first import just creates the Test Case and the Test Scipts without the links.  When I run the same import again the links get created.  So this now seesm to work if I run the same spreadsheet twice without any changes to the configuration file.

Here is my configuration file:
//Set the name of the worsheet in the Spreadsheet
remotescript.XLSWorksheetID="Data Sheet"
testcase.XLSWorksheetID="Data Sheet"

// We want to start looking for scripts at row 4
remotescript.XLSStartRow=4

// a new script starts when we encounter an new row
remotescript.XLSDelimeter=\n

//Automated Script Import
remotescript.dc:title=P
remotescript.originator=R
remotescript.jzalm:owner=S
remotescript.dc:description=U
remotescript.type="com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft"
remotescript.shareprefix="\\pna401f7070\biedw\RFT_Projects"
remotescript.relativepath="\IBM_RFT_Projects\RQM Data Extraction\RQMDataExtractor.testsuite"
remotescript.fullpath="\\pna401f7070\biedw\RFT_Projects\IBM_RFT_Projects\RQM Data Extraction\RQMDataExtractor.testsuite"
remotescript.manageadapter="false"
remotescript.category term="Function".value=V
remotescript.category term="Test Phase".value=W
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Table_Name".name="1 Table Name".value=X
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Column_Name".name="2 Column Name".value=Y
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Low_Count".name="3 Low Count".value=Z
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__High_Count".name="4 High Count".value=AA
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Type___Table___Count___Output_".name="5 Type (Table,Count,Output)".value=AB
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Legacy_ID".name="6 Legacy ID".value=AC
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Test_Condition".name="7 Test Condition".value=AD
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Project_ID".name="8 Project ID".value=AE
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="__Test_Case_ID".name="9 Test Case ID".value=AF
remotescript.customAttributes identifier="_0_Test_Script_ID".name="10 Test Script ID".value=AG

// test case defined with definite cell locations
testcase.dc:title=A4
testcase.priority="literal.priority.120"
testcase.jzalm:owner=E4
testcase.dc:description=F4
testcase.category term="Function".value=G4
testcase.category term="Test Phase".value=H4
testcase.customAttributes identifier="__Subject_Area".name="1 Subject Area".value=K4
testcase.customAttributes identifier="__Project_ID".name="2 Project ID".value=L4
testcase.customAttributes identifier="__Test_Case_ID".name="3 Test Case ID".value=M4
testcase.estimate=I4
testcase.weight=J4

// Link the Test Case and Remnote Script

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 15 '16, 7:49 p.m.

I notice that you have
and
// Link the Test Case and Remnote Script

I am not sure if "remotescript.XLSLink=testcase" would do anything in this case.
What version of RQM and ExcelImporter do you use?
The order (test case and remote script) seems to be opposite to the Sample
and that could matter.
If you run the Sample exactly, do you also need to run twice to see the script linking to test case or not?

Nigel Powell commented Jun 16 '16, 8:41 a.m.

The software version is 4.0.7 (Old I know).

I did change the order of the configuration file and removed the extra XLSLink command.

However I still have to run the import twice for the links to be generated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.