It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How Can I Get list of user which belongs to a specific team area with JS API.

Kurtulus YILDIRIM (681019) | asked Jun 13 '16, 8:22 a.m.
Hi,
My question is that I want to limit Filed Against field with the list of team areas which user belongs to or has a role. It is very similar to regular usage of Filed Against but vice versa. I mean when user select filed against (team area), owner filed show user list which belongs to team area. I need to have filtered team area list in filed against (or in another filed) when I select user. There are more 100 team areas in project so hard code is not an option. Is there a way to do it with Javascript API or Java API is the only way?
Thank you and have a nice day.

Comments
Matt Muller commented Jun 13 '16, 10:09 a.m. | edited Jun 13 '16, 3:05 p.m.

Kurtulus,

Good afternoon..

Quick Question - would this be applicable for all users?  have you tried to look at the option to "Restrict Category Visibility"  in the Project Configuration in the Web for all Team Areas?

Regards

Matt Muller

Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Jun 13 '16, 2:56 p.m.

Hi Matt,
This is applicable for all users. I mean all users who don't need to be in the same team area, can assign a WI to the role. The role has only one user. So that  Restrict Category Visibility" doesn't seem to be a proper solution.
Thank you.

Don Yang commented Jun 13 '16, 11:39 p.m.

You may want to look at
Attribute Dependencies (XML) /Dynamic Hierarchies (UI)
in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#API_for_Javascript

Kurtulus YILDIRIM commented Jun 15 '16, 3:54 a.m.

Hi,
When I search it, I found only three way to do it.
1. Create a static list- Dependent Enumeration
2. Use HTTP Filtered Value Set
3. Develop a PlugIn with Java API
So I need to change my question; Can I use HTTP Filtered Value Set option with RTC's own REST API to get list of users who belongs to a team area.
Thank you.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.