It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to upgrade RTC 5.0.2 x86-32 SDK folder to be compliant with RTC ifix005

Krasimir Malchev (56531) | asked Jun 07 '16, 6:39 a.m.
My RTC 5.0.2 Eclipses client was upgraded with RTC patch ifix005.
On the other hand, I have downloaded RTC 5.0.2 SDK and unzip it in my development environment.
A new target definition (Window>Preferenced>Plug-in Development>Target Platform) is added specifying the SDK folder.

I want to update the contents of the SDK 5.0.2 folder in order to be compliant with my RTC 5.0.2.005 client and have up-to-date libs (up to fix005 inclusive), sources files and documentation.

Can you please advise me what should I do?

Some additional information:
When I set the newly created SDK target as active, build a plug-in for RTC, and execute it using my RTC 5.0.2.005 client I receive a number of exceptions of the kind:

!MESSAGE One or more bundles are not resolved because the following root constraints are not resolved:
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2016-06-07 12:46:53.945
!MESSAGE Bundle reference:file:/C:/RTC50205Dev/Installs/RTC_SDK_502/plugins/com.ibm.team.qp.uitests_1.0.0.v20141006_0109.jar was not resolved.
ERROR: Duplicate alias. Failed to register resource for [alias="/", contributor="org.eclipse.help.webapp[1214]"]
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2016-06-07 12:47:21.931
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "JspScanner Scanner".
!STACK 0
java.lang.LinkageError: loading constraint violation: loader "org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader@7ed07ed0" previously initiated loading for a different type with name "javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagInfo" defined by loader "org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader@5890589"

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Jun 08 '16, 1:28 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '16, 1:29 a.m.

Can somebody please help me assemble a working environment based on RTC 5.0.2.05 (ifix005 and in general any interim release), which includes RTC SDK, Eclipse SDK (including swt libs)? I want to see the SDKs' source and documentation easily (that is, to have working code assistance features such code completion, open type declarations and implementation in Eclipse)?

At the moment I have my RTC client upgraded to version 5.0.2.5, but I am not able to find RTC / Eclipse SDK upgrade compliant to that interim RTC release.

As a result, when I launch Eclipse to debug my plug-in I get linkage errors and unresolved jars (as described in this forum question above).

Thanks in advance for your support! 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 08 '16, 3:14 a.m.
I believe the SDK is only available in the GA releases, not any of the iFixes.

I don't understand why you need "compliance" at all. The development environment (workbench, 5.0.2 iFix005 in this case) and the target environment (RTC 5.0.2 SDK) are separate. You can use an RTC 6.0.2 workbench to develop something targeted to RTC 5.0.2. If you want to test with the exact version (including iFix), you just have to deploy the plugin to a real patched environment.
Krasimir Malchev selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krasimir Malchev commented Jun 08 '16, 4:04 a.m. | edited Jun 08 '16, 9:18 p.m.

Hello Donald.

Let me explain the issue I am facing in more detail.

I have my RTC Eclipse client upgraded to RTC 5.0.2 ifix005.

If it is situated in folder C:\RTC50205Dev\Installs\TeamConcert_50205

My plug-in workspace is situated here: C:\RTC50205Dev\Workspaces\Dev1\WS

RTC SDK 5.0.2 files are situated here: C:\RTC50205Dev\Installs\RTC_SDK_502

My active target definition (Window>Preferenced>Plug-in Development>Target Platform) is associated  with the content of folder "RTC_SDK_502", in order to have sources, documentation, etc.

When I build and launch Eclipse with my plug-in using the active target I get errors such as:

!MESSAGE One or more bundles are not resolved ...,

java.lang.LinkageError: loading constraint violation...,

ERROR: Duplicate alias. Failed to register resource ... as described in this question.

Missing schemas in the dependencies tab of my plugin.xml

However when I change the target definition to point to the plug-in folder (C:\RTC50205Dev\Installs\TeamConcert_50205\client\eclipse\plugins) of my updated RTC client - 5.0.2 ifix005, I don't receive the mentioned error. The issue is that I don't have the sources, documentation, etc. in the plug-ins folder of my RTC installation and code assistance does not "work" in Eclipse.

Furthermore, I want to test the plug-in with the officially supported RTC version in my company. I am not allowed to install newer versions than that, too.

Donald Nong commented Jun 08 '16, 9:20 p.m.

The issue sounds more like a configuration issue than a version-mismatched one. If you're just doing the workshop, I suggest you start with a clean environment and see if it makes a difference.

Krasimir Malchev commented Jun 29 '16, 3:12 a.m.

Hello, Donald.

Thanks for your support! Indeed the issue was a configuration-related.

One other thing to ask you: when I downloaded the RTC SDK 5.0.2 from jazz.net I got all necessary  to setup the target in RTC and start development. The sources and documentation of RTC-related libs were also present. However the Eclipse framework sources and documentation are not present. For example when I hover the mouse over a class from the framework, a tooltip appears with this message "Note: This element has no attached Javadoc and the Javadoc could not be found in the attached source.".

For example the org.eclipse.SWT.* version is 3.6.3.v3659f. But I am not able to find such version (https://www.eclipse.org/swt/). Is there a place in jazz.net where I can get all Eclipse framework docs and sources corresponding to a specific version of the RTC SDK (in my case 5.0.2) and attach it in Eclipse in one shot as I did with RC SDK?

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Krasimir.

Donald Nong commented Jun 29 '16, 4:38 a.m.

This is more of an Eclipse question than a Jazz one. Furthermore, the SWT Javadoc availability seems to be a classic issue, and you will find plenty of such discussions on http://stackoverflow.com. The below one is probably the easiest to follow.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8100456/why-we-just-cant-download-a-jar-file-of-javadocs-of-swt-from-the-main-website

You can download SWT 3.6.2 here:
http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6.2-201102101200/index.php#SWT

and 4.3.2 here:
http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/R-4.3.2-201402211700/index.php#SWT

As the Eclipse version bundled in the RTC Eclipse client (either 3.6.3 or 4.2.2) is no longer current, it seems impossible to get the exact version from eclipse.org now. You probably have to settle with either 3.6.2 or 4.3.2, for the Javadoc alone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.