It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Build in canceled state, yet cannot delete because "Deletion allowed" is disabled

Wendy Raschke (30111) | asked Jun 02 '16, 5:13 p.m.
closed Jun 03 '16, 2:16 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
I think what I am seeing is a bug with the RTC client. I am trying to delete someone's canceled build, yet when I try, I get an error saying

CRJAZ0020I An error occurred when deleting the item identified by "virtual/build/result/_8h454F4rEeW9muUW-0yznQ". See the following exception message: Can not delete build result labeled "" for build definition "Personal build (CD, 8.5.5.x) - Liberty - 5 (using elastic build cloud)".  It has been marked to not allow deletion.
Somehow, the "Deletion allowed" checkbox was unchecked. So, though I do think I have the proper authority to delete builds, it seems the deletion allowed setting is tripping things up.

I bring this up not necessarily as a request to how do I get this removed (I think someone will be able to programmatically delete this result), but as a head's up that I think this is a bug. Is there perhaps an existing defect for it? I see this in both web client and rich client: 5.0.2, version 4.5.300.RTC-I201431-0926. (I don't know how to determine version of UI rendered in web client.)

Thanks,
Wendy

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Duplicate Question" by rschoon Jun 03 '16, 2:16 a.m.