It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 3.0.1 strange behavor - continuous flipping between opened browser tabs in RQM web client.

Craig Nodwell (823) | asked Dec 18 '12, 4:59 p.m.
When a RQM user has mutlitple tabs open in the web client, the application will without warning start to flip between opened tabs.  The user must hit the esc key to stop this behavor, if any other key is hit all the users work gets lost and has to be re-entered.

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Dec 18 '12, 9:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Craig,

What browser vendor and version is this user running when the issue occurs? 

Craig Nodwell commented Dec 19 '12, 12:37 p.m.

Windows IE 8

Version 8.0.7601.17514

This is not the only odd behavor, I was hoping the solution was the app server.  However this was just confirmed to be a valid topology.

As for the RQM/RTC/JTS we are running 3.0.1 on Websphere 7.0 Windows Server 2008 R2

Arne Bister commented Dec 20 '12, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Craig,
how about running a test with e.g. Firefox, just to observe if this behavior ever occurs there? If not, this might indicate a particular issue with IE 8.0

It might be helpful to ask the users what exactly they had opened when this occured. Maybe there is a pattern and it points to a particular widget or UI element.

- Arne

Ara Masrof commented Dec 28 '12, 4:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Craig,

There is a known issue with IE8 'flickering' under certain circumstances
As Arne noted, it would be helpful to know weather this behavior is specific to IE8

Craig Nodwell commented Jan 02 '13, 12:16 p.m.

Hi Ara, thank you for your response however it is not a flickering issue with the video it is a flipping action between open tabs in the same browser window.
Arne, I will get firefox installed and there is a tool that will track calls that comes along with that - this has been suggested by the support team.  I will get that done shortly and return the results.
The one issue the QA team is having with this is that IE8 is the recommended supported browser so that is why they choose it.
I will provide an update once I have one, any other suggestions are still welcome.
Thanks
-CN

2 answers

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Jan 02 '13, 12:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The steps here - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/internet-explorer-8-is-constantly-flickering/9680fb80-2957-4aaa-804c-558fc6ca03ab (which I think is the same link Ara provided) - should solve the issue.

permanent link
Craig Nodwell (823) | answered Jan 15 '13, 12:11 p.m.
 We have upgraded to 4.0.1 .
This has been fixed.

Thank You.
-CN

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.