It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to fetch the Test Suite from RQM through Lyo OSLC V2

Naveen Tyagi (19778152) | asked May 12 '16, 3:05 a.m.
I am trying to fetch the Test Suite from RQM using Lyo OSLC/Java but didn't find any way to do this. Is it not supported in RQM 6.0 and OSLC V2 ?. Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered May 12 '16, 4:54 a.m.
OSLC V2? Yes.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Resources_and_their_Supported_Op

Lyo? Probably not. I checked the Lyo sample code on my machine (may not be the latest version) and only five RQM resources are supported - they are Test Case, Test Execution Record, Test Plan, Test Result and Test Script. You can find them in the project "org.eclipse.lyo.client.java", under src/main/java/org.eclipse.lyo.client.oslc.resources.

Comments
Naveen Tyagi commented May 12 '16, 8:03 a.m.

Yes.
I have Checked lyo API and there is no Class for Test Suite.
But problem is, i have completed huge work through Lyo almost for all artifacts expect Test Suite. What should i do now?.
Should i do same work for OSLC V2 or is there any way i can use OSLC V2 in current Java project where i am using Lyo?

Naveen Tyagi commented May 12 '16, 9:37 a.m.

Dobald, Can you please provide me link to download OSLC V2 API.

Donald Nong commented May 12 '16, 10:47 p.m.

You may consider extending Lyo by yourself, but I don't know how difficult it is. Last time I tried with RM and had little success.

I believe Lyo and the RQM reportable REST API is OSLC v2 compliant all along, so I don't quite understand your last request. Maybe somehow I gave you the impression that there is another API. If so, I apologize for the confusion caused.

Naveen Tyagi commented May 17 '16, 9:35 a.m.

Donald, I am able to create the the class and getting some of the fields value but in case of runTestcase it is showing zero when there are multiple test cases in Test Suite. Can you please loot into it.

@OslcDescription("Test Test Case used by the Test Suite.")
    @OslcName("runsTestCase")
    @OslcPropertyDefinition(QmConstants.QUALITY_MANAGEMENT_NAMESPACE+ "runsTestCase")
    @OslcRange(QmConstants.TYPE_TEST_CASE)
    @OslcReadOnly(false)
    @OslcTitle("Runs Test Cases")
    public Link[] getRunsTestCases()
    {
        return runsTestCases.toArray(new Link[runsTestCases.size()]);
    }

public void setContributors(final URI[] contributors)
    {
        this.contributors.clear();

if (contributors != null)
        {
            this.contributors.addAll(Arrays.asList(contributors));
        }
    }

QmConstants.QUALITY_MANAGEMENT_NAMESPACE = "http://open-services.net/ns/qm#"
QmConstants.TYPE_TEST_CASE = "http://open-services.net/ns/qm#TestCase"

Donald Nong commented Jun 22 '16, 5:18 a.m.

Sorry for the late reply. I think you've got it resolved? From memory, the getter and setter should work as long as the object class is correctly initiated (from the XML source). The problem is if there is a mistake, the responding attribute will just be null and you get no warnings at all.

Naveen Tyagi commented Jun 28 '16, 4:22 a.m.

Can't say much but i have tried almost everything, changed the annotation paramants to every single possibility but didn't work. I had to stop the activity.
One solution is  since i am getting xml response so i can parse the xml data and get the link of all the test cases in test suite. But i was looking for something similar to the entity class which is working in my case i am able to create and get the Test suite but only Test suite description and title, retrieval and creation is not working for linked test cases to Test Suite.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.