It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make Mandatory fields and filter Test Cases by creation date in rational quality manager,

Vijayveer Reddy (17625) | asked Apr 13 '16, 6:56 a.m.
edited Apr 13 '16, 7:53 a.m.
Hi All,

I want to know, how to make the fields as mandatory in Rational quality manager.

And i want to filter the Test Cases by created on date, In Filter columns i am not able to find such.
I can see only modified date of the TC's but NOT Created Date of TC's

Request your help.

Thanking You...!

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 13 '16, 9:37 p.m.
edited Apr 14 '16, 1:50 a.m.
Hi, Vijayveer

I don't think you can make section(s) mandatory in RQM currently.
In 'Manage Project Properties', you can make category and attribute as required(mandatory). Using mandatory custom attribute to remind the user to fill some fields they are required can be an option to consider.

You can create a new attribute for test case(Creation Date for example as Date/Time type) in 'Manage Project Properties' and make it as mandatory so that the user who creates the test case needs to set the date/time.
Then you can filter the test case based on this attribute in the test case view.
Thanks

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 13 '16, 10:00 p.m.

If you consider to use JRS report, Creation Date is one built-in attribute and you can add it to report to show the creation date or specify a day or a range of time to filter the TCs in the report.

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Apr 13 '16, 10:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Only artifact categories and custom attributes, that are user defined, are customizable as required fields.

The "created on" date is not an attribute that most users would use.  I don't believe it is even presented in the UI.  A workaround I can think of is to sort the filtered result by the ID's.  Given that the ID's are unique and created sequentially, if you can identify from the artifact history which two artifacts were created right before and after the specific date, you can then exclude all artifacts with ID before and after those two artifacts.

This response is based on the UI and I am not sure if the Utility REST API can query on the creation date.  If you don't have to use the UI to search for those test cases, perhaps posting a question specifically for the REST API to see if that can be done.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.