It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get Defects associated with Test plan from DW in Rational Insight

Shubhangi yadav (1328) | asked Apr 05 '16, 1:43 a.m.
Hi Team,
How do I get defects associated with Test plan. In which table which column I can use.
Also how I can get the category of Test plan.

Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 05 '16, 3:04 a.m.
edited Apr 05 '16, 3:06 a.m.
Hello Shubhangi,

to get the link between Defects and Test Plans you can put items from the following sections into the same query or list (they will be automatically joined):
  • Operational Data Store > Execution Result Area > Execution Result
  • Operational Data Store > Execution Result Area > Execution Result Related Execution Work Items (this will give you the details of the Defect)
  • Operational Data Store > Execution Result Area > Execution Result Related Requests (the item "Test Plan Name" will give you the Test Plan)

For the Test Plan categories you can use items from the following sections into the same query or list (they will be automatically joined):
  • Operational Data Store > Test Plan Area > Test Plan
  • Operational Data Store > Test Plan Area > Test Plan Related Test Categories

Note: if you want to get the details on the tables used you can generate the SQL of the queries: Tools > Show Generated SQL/MDX

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Shubhangi yadav selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shubhangi yadav commented Apr 06 '16, 7:33 a.m.

Thanks Francesco, I got defects but category still I am unable to find. Can you please help me actually I need custom category of Test plan of RQM in report studio.

One other answer

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered Apr 05 '16, 2:54 a.m.
Hi Shubhangi,

To find out which DW table and which column to use for Rational Insight report, you can reference the Data Dictionary for the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) application and the version you are using.
For example, for CLM 5.0.2, Quality Management Data Dictionary link:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/qm/qm-roles.html.

defects associated with Test plan >Test Plan> Related work item -- REQUEST_TESTPLAN_LOOKUP (DW table)
category of Test plan > Test Plan -- TESTPLAN_CATEGORY_LOOKUP (DW table)

Hope this helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.