It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modifying canned Defect Backlog report in RI , need help with filter using two different data items

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked May 21 '14, 4:19 p.m.
Hi I need a filter that is something like : creation date or last updated date between start date,end date. I have searched for more filtering tutorials for this to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, that would be great.

One answer

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered May 21 '14, 4:24 p.m.
Brandy,

The Request Area under has both Creation Date and LastUpdated for the work items.  Did you want to do more with these fields.  We've had teams use LastUpdated to tell the last time a work item was modified.

Comments
Brandy Guillory commented May 21 '14, 4:28 p.m.

Hi Michael,

I need to use both of them in ONE filter:
I need the filter to have an OR and a BETWEEN, I just do not know the proper report studio syntax for the below example:

creation date or last updated date between start date,end date

Michael Walker commented May 21 '14, 4:38 p.m.

When you're in the Detail Filter Expression popup screen the Functions tab under Available Components has an Operators folder that lists all the options including BETWEEN, AND, and OR with examples of how to use them.

Brandy Guillory commented May 21 '14, 8:35 p.m.

Thanks, ill give that a shot!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.