It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use the current Iteration instead of a fixed value on query creating a new report using Report Builder

Rodrigo Belli (113) | asked Mar 31 '16, 11:04 p.m.
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a new report on Jazz Report Builder and I need help to get the Current Iteration instead of an iteration fixed in the query.

I put the query below and underline the point when I need to use the current Iteration.

Please, someone could help me?

Thanks in advance!

SELECT T3_1.LITERAL_NAME AS LITERAL_NAME1,
       SUM(((T2.ACTUAL_WORK)/60)/60) as ACTUAL_WORK
FROM RIDW.VW_REQUEST T1
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_REQUEST_RELATIONAL_LINK LT1
ON (T1.REQUEST_ID = LT1.REQUEST2_ID AND LT1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND LT1.NAME = 'com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem'
  INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_REQUEST T2
  ON (LT1.REQUEST1_ID = T2.REQUEST_ID) AND LT1.NAME = 'com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.parentworkitem'
    LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQST_STRING_EXT T3
    ON T3.REQUEST_ID=T1.REQUEST_ID AND T3.NAME='vsm'
      LEFT OUTER JOIN RICALM.VW_RQST_ENUMERATION T3_1
      ON T3_1.EXTERNAL_ID=T3.VAL AND T3_1.PROJECT_ID=T1.PROJECT_ID
WHERE T1.PROJECT_ID = 2734 AND
  T2.PROJECT_ID = 2734  AND
(  T1.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Story' AND
  T1.ITERATION_ID = 127726 AND
  (T2.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Task' OR T2.REQUEST_TYPE = 'Task Maintenance' )
) AND
(T1.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND T2.ISSOFTDELETED = 0) AND
(T1.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T1.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL) AND
(T2.REQUEST_ID <> -1 AND T2.REQUEST_ID IS NOT NULL)GROUP BY T3_1.LITERAL_NAME

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 01 '16, 1:19 a.m.
I even cannot locate the Current iteration in the GUI instead I have to choose specific iteration, although if I specify "Unlocked + required: user must edit when running the report" seems to work as I can select the current iteration when running.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 01 '16, 4:53 a.m. | edited Apr 01 '16, 4:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There seems to be no "Variable" for current iteration, so you can only make the planned for a parameter the user has to select. The second issue is that there is no way to select a timeline (where the current iteration would be picked), so it would not be easy to calculate the current iteration if a project area has more than one timeline.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.