It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJAZ2654E : Error when configuring database connection properties in JTS setup wizard

Ahmed Ahmed (48832) | asked Mar 30 '16, 1:09 p.m.
 Hi,

I am facing the following error when i am running the JTS setup wizard. 

The server was unable to connect to the database because the database connection settings are invalid or because database is unreachable (SQLSTATE: 08006, SQLCODE: 17002). Verify the connection settings in your teamserver.properties file. See the Jazz Team Server log for more information.ID CRJAZ2654E.

I have two servers. All the applications (JTS, CCM,QM, RM and WAS) are hosted on one server whereas database is hosted on second server. I am using Oracle 12C database. Ping is working fine between both servers. Kindly guide me about this error. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ahmed Ahmed (48832) | answered Mar 31 '16, 9:29 a.m.
 I have resolved the issue which i have reported earlier. The issue was related to Oracle configurations. I have restarted the oracle listener services and after that my setup works fine with no errors.

Thanks Don Yong for the support.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 31 '16, 12:11 a.m.
edited Mar 31 '16, 12:12 a.m.
Hi, Ahmed

It will always be helpful if you have CLM version and WAS version info included.
A couple of things to check here :

1) I'd check the health of the JTS, QM and CCM databases to ensure that  they are up and running. Your DBA should be able to do an analysis of the transactions logs to determine if there was any lapse in up time.
In general if the database is unavailable, the applications will not be accessible just as the message suggests(DB is unreachable)

2) If you have Oracle client, you can try to check if the connection string you use is correct or not(because of Oracle error code: SQLSTATE: 08006, SQLCODE: 17002)
If teamserver.properties has been configured, you can check with the JDBC connection there and make sure connection and password are correct.

3) If database is online and connection is correct, restart CLM service could help in many cases for the similar issue(because of the stale connection)

Hopefully this helps to start with.

permanent link
Said Asadullin (3633) | answered Apr 12 '17, 3:04 a.m.

Ahmed Could you please provide additional info on Ora config that you mention. We have exactly the same ora error.

permanent link
Ahmed Ahmed (48832) | answered Apr 19 '17, 11:16 a.m.

Hi Said,

First of all check the connectivity between db server and application. If the connectivity is successful then there will be some issues in Database configurations. These issues are:

1. Check the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora file on Oracle Database Server.

2. Check the listener status on Oracle Database Server. If listener is not running then start the listener. In case if the listener is unable to start then there will be some issues in listener.ora or tnsnames.ora file. Update these files as mentioned earlier and start the listener. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.