It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Application WAR files are not showing after installing CLM 6.0.1 using Silent Mode

Ahmed Ahmed (48832) | asked Mar 28 '16, 10:57 a.m.

Hi,

I have installed CLM 6.0.1 and WAS using silent mode on Linux environment. At the time of configuration when i  am going to deploy the Application WAR files on WAS i didn't see the Webapps / tomcat folder in JazzTeamServer installation directory. There is a folder of Liberty in installation directory where i see all the WAR files but i cannot be able to deploy those war files. Kindly guide me how can i deploy the war files on WAS. 

I have use the following command for installation:

./imcl -acceptLicense installAll -repositories /opt/(path to setup files)/repository.config   

Why the Webapps or Tomcat folder is not showing is installation directory? Is there any step which i have not used or missed at the time of installation?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 28 '16, 7:16 p.m.
If you want to use command line to (silently) install the applications, you should read the document carefully and follow the steps.
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_command-line_installation.html

Note in the document "sample" response files are mentioned. If you want to use any non-default configuration, you need to modify the response file before proceeding any further.

It is not clear what went wrong in your environment, as my 6.0.1 environment has the JazzTeamServer/server/webapps and JazzTeamServer/server/was folders with the default Liberty profile installed. The .war files are in the "webapps" folder and the scripts for deploying to WAS profiles are in the "was" folder.

If you don't want to start all over again, you can still find the .war files under JazzTeamServer/server/liberty/clmServerTemplate/apps, but maybe not all of them. If some files are missing, you should be able to find them from the installation media, in the "native" folder. Look for files with "war" in their names. For example, the lqe-war_6.0.1.v20151106_2247.zip file contains the lqe.war file. The file com.ibm.team.install.jfs.base.scripts.was_1.0.0.v20151106_2335.zip contains all the scripts in the "was" folder should you need to create the "was" folder by yourself.
Ahmed Ahmed selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 28 '16, 11:40 a.m.
edited Mar 28 '16, 11:41 a.m.
Hi Ahmed,

If you install CLM 6.0.1 with default application server, it comes with WAS liberty profile not with tomcat ( application server)

I think it should be in the below path as an example.

<Installation Dir>\Server\Liberty\servers\clm\apps.

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Ahmed Ahmed commented Mar 28 '16, 12:06 p.m.

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the response. If i don't want to install the default application server. I have already installed WAS as my application server. Which command should i use if want to install CLM 6.0.1 without liberty profile.

Regards,
Aftab

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Mar 28 '16, 12:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please refer to this topic for Installing by using IM: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_s_server_installation_im.html

Or use the interactive installation guide to produce a custom install guide for your environment: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.1/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_form.html

Hope that helps,
Michael

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.