It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can an Oracle tablespace shared by all CLM apps be upgraded to 5.x+?

June Boston (1943038) | asked Jun 08 '16, 12:02 a.m.
Hello,

I'm working with a CLM 3/4 instance with JTS, CCM, RM, and QM.  They're all using a single Oracle database and tablespace, with their own named tables inside and shared, presumably overlapping logg tables (VDX etc).  I would have expected each app to use their own database or at least tablespace, but for right now that is not the case.  Seems to have been running fine all this time, and we just updated to 4.

Question: when updating to 5, where normally the JTS database is copied as the RM database, how can I avoid having the rm update scripts from removing the contents of the JTS database?  I'm not sure how the specific tables are being picked by each application.  Should they be moved to separate tablespaces, or can I use the advanced properties of each app to specify the table?  Or perhaps it goes off name?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jun 08 '16, 11:51 p.m.
I don't know how you got the idea of  "the rm update scripts removing the contents of the JTS database". The reason for copying the JTS database as the RM database is so that JTS upgrade script and RM upgrade script can do their own stuff in the respectively database, not interfering with each other. The RM database should have a separate Oracle database user name along with its own tables (copied from the JTS database). The old RM contents do get removed from the upgraded JTS database, by the JTS upgrade script, as they are no longer needed there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.