It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT Dataset parameters set "Datetime" A few days later or ago

HIROAKI JOSAKO (47430) | asked Mar 25 '16, 5:13 a.m.
I want to set the date to the parameters of the Dataset

For example,
2016/01/10> Datetime

It hopes setting that squeeze only the data of a certain date or later.
I think there is no way?
However,
Not Use Filiters

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 29 '16, 11:06 p.m.

I don't quite understand your request. You are trying to use a date range as a filter, but you refuse to use "Filters"? As far as I know, "Parameters" always use the "equal" operator.

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Apr 01 '16, 2:20 a.m.

When you set the Filter when the Dataset you set the Parameters in the DataSet has a different number of records retrieved.
ex1. The Parameter is to refine when it select from DB.
ex2. The Filter is to hide from the result ,select from DB.
The results on the look is the same, but the amount of memory and the display speed to consume is quite different.

Donald Nong commented Apr 01 '16, 4:24 a.m.

The BIRT reports that you can build in RTC have some limitations. Sometimes you just have to use filters.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tadahiro Hara (927) | answered Apr 01 '16, 12:35 a.m.
Hi Josako-san.

What kind of dataset ,snapshot and table do you use?
and why don't you want to use filter?

I think there are normally  FROM_TIME or TO_TIME as Default Parametar when using simple dataset to select specific time range.
If you use advanced dataset , you can use filter in Fact Information in the dialogue.

(Example)  TIMESTAMP > param_1
Example

HIROAKI JOSAKO selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Apr 01 '16, 2:28 a.m.

Hi Hara-san

Thank you

Well,,
Extended Dataset, I had also thought so.
The method whether not the best.
However, the fact that re-create the Dataset is, the influence of the much the same as re-create all
Yes you.
It is best that can be implemented in Simple Dataset.

Donald Nong commented Apr 01 '16, 4:23 a.m.

It's not about the dataset type, rather the table itself. Other users got confused too.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/106933/birt-why-are-from_time-and-to_time-parameters-missing-in-workitem_chngs

As far as I know, only few tables have the FROM_TIME and TO_TIME parameters. A working sample is shown in the below article.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/10/creatingcustomreportswithbirtandrtc-part3/

HIROAKI JOSAKO commented Apr 05 '16, 6:52 a.m.
Hi Donald
I'm sorry.
Gone misleading
In the introduction
"From_Time" and "To_Time" is a DW summary table shows the
Collected date.
"Due Date (Latest)" Ya can not be used on the parameters of the "Custom attribute (type of Datetime)".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.