It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: How to create report/query to identify all SCM change sets associated with a hierarchy of work items?

Todd Dunnavant (571017) | asked Mar 23 '16, 11:30 a.m.
Situation:  There is a nested hierarchy of work items, including:
-  Change Request, which is parent of:
-  Discipline, which is parent of:
-  a nested hierarchy of Tasks

SCM change sets can be associated with any Task in the Task WI hierarchy.

How can I create a report or RTC query which will enable me to identify all the SCM change sets which are associated with the WI hierarchy that is rooted in the Change Request?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 23 '16, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you want to do with that list of change sets once you have it?   E.g., display a list of URL's in a browser window, list the ID's, deliver them to a stream, etc.?

Todd Dunnavant commented Mar 23 '16, 6:01 p.m.

Hi, Geoff,

The users want to have a report in hand that lists the change sets associated with a given Change Request.  So, "List the ID's" is a good place to start.

Donald Nong commented Mar 24 '16, 5:26 a.m.

If I understand correctly, the work item query only supports one level of "links" and your use case involves two or more levels, so work item query will be out for this. You may consider using reportable REST API if presenting the result in a separate form is acceptable.

Todd Dunnavant commented Mar 24 '16, 9:38 a.m.

Thanks for the advice, Donald.  Unfortunately, there is a hole in Reportable REST with respect to the ability to navigate from Work Items to Change Sets.  I've had some of my reporting experts in the Field look into this.  So far, we haven't found a way to perform this navigation.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.