It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filtering the list of test cases based on requirements

Gabor Federics (34618) | asked Mar 03 '16, 12:18 p.m.
I need to select the test cases that are validating specific requirements, and add them to a test plan / create execution records, etc.
Is there a possibility to filter the list of test cases based on the validated requirements? The "Has requirement link" / "Does not have requirement link" possibilities are not succifient - I need to be able to query the test cases per requirement.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jing Qian (12632) | answered Mar 04 '16, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gabor,

Unfortunately, QM does not provide such capability to filter based on specific requirement.
I'm not sure exactly what your user scenario is.  But if you're trying to create test case in a test plan based on requirement or requirement collection.  I wonder have you considered reconcile functionality yet?
Gabor Federics selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gabor Federics commented Mar 04 '16, 11:23 a.m.

Hi Jing

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Our problem is that some of our requirements are validated by a huge number of test cases (50 or even more). I'd like to select some of these cases for execution: either to put them in a new plan or just to generate new TERs for them. But I don't see the possibility to get a simple list of the test cases that are validating one requirement. Reconcile would be an option, if I could link a requirement (not a collection) with a test plan. Is there a possibility to do so?

Jing Qian commented Mar 04 '16, 12:15 p.m. | edited Mar 06 '16, 7:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Gabor,

Test plan can only link to requirement collection.  So that would not work for you in this situation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.