It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

migrating from federated repository to standalone LDAP repository

Ritesh Maurya (314) | asked Feb 29 '16, 3:57 a.m.
Hello,

Please can some one suggest me what points should I look into before migrating from federated to LDAP for authentication. This server is currently used for version control and we have a total of 20 users on this server. 
RTC server details: RTC4x, Database: DB2, App server:websphere
What prerequisite do I need to perform before switching to LDAP. 

Thanks
Ritesh Maurya

2 answers

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Feb 29 '16, 7:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Ritesh,
you should be aware that the users are stored in the jts/ccm repository. When you switch to LDAP you should make sure that the users in LDAP have the same IDs as the users in the federated repository. During the configuration of LDAP you will map a LDAP attribute to the RTC user id. The ldap value of this attribute should be the same as the User ID in the JTS repository. If this is not the case you would get duplicated users during the synchronization between LDAP and JTS.

/Elisabeth

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 29 '16, 7:48 p.m.
When you say "federated repository", I suppose you refer to the built-in file-based repository. In this case, instead of "migrating", you can actually just add an LDAP connection to the existing federated repository - see the "hybrid LDAP & file based realm" section in the below article.
https://jazz.net/library/article/604

No matter what you do, as Elisabeth suggested, always keep the user IDs unique and consistent.

Comments
Ritesh Maurya commented Mar 01 '16, 5:14 a.m.

Thanks. My fear is will the existing file system users be able to access with old file based repository. I will try this on my test server but if someone has already experienced it then please comment. 

Donald Nong commented Mar 01 '16, 8:23 p.m.

As there should not be duplicate user IDs, a user ID should appear either in the file based repository, or the LDAP server, not both. If the same ID exist on the LDAP server, remove it from the file based repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.