It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is this Gantt chart messed up?

Steve Comfort (1539) | asked Feb 24 '16, 3:48 a.m.
 I am using the formal project management template, but not the RUP phases. I defined an iteration type called milestone (which is actually a phase, but manager wanted it that way). The working hours are set to 8, I have set Finish No Later than and associated dates. Yet the Gantt shows a 2 day task extending over about 6 weeks, and so on throughout the plan.

It seems I ned a rep score before I can actually attach a snapshot (doh!!). So not sure how I am going to illustrate the problem.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813674) | answered Feb 24 '16, 4:38 a.m.

Steve,

Have you look at your Work Allocations Associate resources to teams and timelines:

If you / or the person is working 100% on that project then yes;  if not it will extend?

Just something to consider it may not be your problem.

Regards

Matt Muller

Steve Comfort selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Steve Comfort commented Feb 24 '16, 4:51 a.m.

Hi Matt,

Thank you so much. It took me a wee while to figure out what resources tab you meant, but running a quick test does seem to fix my problem.

Best regards
Steve

Matt Muller commented Feb 24 '16, 4:55 a.m.

Hi Steve,

No problem glad I could help;  I'm an RTC consultant and always looking for new clients to help: My email is seslimited@Hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.