It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error "IllegalArgumentExcaption: Item Handle array cannnot exceed 2048 elements" occurred in build

Taki Nakajo (1.1k2846) | asked Nov 13 '14, 2:25 a.m.
One of our clients is having the error "IllegalArgumentExcaption: Item Handle array cannnot exceed 2048 elements" occurred. ", when accepting changes during build in RTCz.

The client told there is one change set containing 7206 associated work items.
It sound the build (java) application cannot handle over 2048 work items in 1 change set. Is this limitation? or a defect?

I say the plan item had a limitation in RTC v2 but it was resolved on later version.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/55417/plan-contains-more-than-2048-workitems

One answer

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Nov 13 '14, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Taki, it sure sounds like a defect. Please file a defect report against EE Build, and include the full stack trace from the build log if possible. The other defect you mentioned is in a different area of the code.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Nov 13 '14, 8:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Nick,

that is often hit in RTCz world.

This limitation has been set for performance reasons.

Eric

Nick Edgar commented Nov 13 '14, 9:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Eric, I'm not sure it's the same issue since there's no stack trace here. Taki mentions >2048 associated work items, not incoming change sets.

Taki Nakajo commented Nov 13 '14, 3:17 p.m. | edited Nov 13 '14, 3:37 p.m.

Hi Nick and Eric,

Thanks for updates, I will confirm with the client ( one of our major RTCz EE clients) about 1 change set with 2048 WIs or 2048 change sets. (and the stacktrace.)
Taki  

Taki Nakajo commented Nov 18 '14, 12:28 a.m.

I've confirmed the client had 7000+ change sets to accept during a build. The client might be running the defect 305165. But a strange thing is that the client ran the build successfully when trying again. I will open a internal escalation about this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.