It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export results from RQM to Excel

Chen Ben ezra (41327) | asked Feb 14 '16, 9:40 a.m.

Hi ,

If I want to export to excel TC with the Test Script that attached to them , how can I export all that data to excel ?

BR,
Chen

Comments
Chen Ben ezra commented Feb 15 '16, 1:47 a.m.

Hi ,

The perpose is to export the TC with test script to excel by the columns I need (or all the columns if I don't have the option to choose).

When I export from test case view , the value in the test script field is the number of test script and not the details.

Is there a way to get all the test scripts and results in excel ?

BR,

Chen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 14 '16, 11:51 p.m.
Hi, Chen

The title suggests you want to export test results from RQM to Excel but descriptions seem to say you want to export Testcase with associated test script? Can you please elaborate? What is the purpose to export to excel (if it is for offline execution, it makes sense, if it is for report purpose, maybe PDF print out can do more than excel)?

In general, if you want to do offline execution in Excel, you can export one testcase with testscript from testcase view.
you can export multiple TCERs(with script) through TCER view. You can then import into Excel via ExcelImporter.

If you simply want to export test case with test script for report purpose, you can export each test case with script to pdf(maybe a third party converter can convert pdf file to excel) which would have details of script steps.
If you export directly from test case view to excel file, you will only have each test case with associated test script name(one column).

Chen Ben ezra selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chen Ben ezra commented Feb 15 '16, 9:37 a.m.

Hi ,

The perpose is to export the TC with test script to excel by the columns I need (or all the columns if I don't have the option to choose).

When I export from test case view , the value in the test script field is the number of test script and not the details.

Is there a way to get all the test scripts and results in excel ?

BR,

Chen

Don Yang commented Feb 15 '16, 10:33 p.m.

If you try with Test case execution record (TCER) view, and export to csv file, you can find the test script id and name in the csv file(test case view will only exported test script id to csv file). Other than that, I don't see any existing way in RQM can do that.
there are a couple of RFEs requesting test cases exported with test scripts and steps into csv file.
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=124042
was rejected and comments suggest:

"You can use Rational Publishing Engine to generate a document that would contain test cases and associated test script and the corresponding test steps."

The below RFE is still open and you can comment on it:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=79508

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.