It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you ensure the test case status is set accurately when multiple scripts are associated with a test case?

Dolores Vogel (1031337) | asked Apr 11 '13, 4:47 p.m.
We use RQM 3.0.1.3. If you associate multiple test scripts to a test case and then execute, the last result sets the result for the test case. So, in this scenario:

TC1 has TS1, TS2, TS3, and TS4 associated to it and I run the TC1 multiple times - once for each test script. If I run these in order, and TS 1 passes, TS2 fails, TS3 fails, and TS4 passes, the status on my test case is Passed.

Is this working as designed? In this scenario, the only way I can see that I need to retest is if I look at a list of test case execution results and find the test scripts that failed.

We support a number of users and always recommend that they keep a 1 for 1 relationship between test cases and test scripts to avoid this issue. However, I'd like to know if it's a bug since the application lets you set up a one to many relationship or if there's a better work-around we should offer.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 11 '13, 7:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Dolores
Take a quick look at the forum post; it may be of help

Ara
Dolores Vogel selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Dolores Vogel (1031337) | answered Apr 12 '13, 3:53 p.m.
Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.