It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage Project Areas: What are associations?

Tony Kwa (20822) | asked Feb 03 '16, 1:25 a.m.
We are using CLM 4.0.4.

I thought Associations were a way of specifying the visibility of artefacts across repositories/applications.
On our project we did not define any additional associations - so I am surprised that from a Requirement in RRC if I try to define a link to any Requirements artefact (like Parent or Child of)  we get the option to chose from ALL project RRC projects on the same server. 

Is the Association functionality about visibility across servers?  We didn't configure any extra associations between the RRC repositories can see all the other repositories.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 03 '16, 1:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The associations are only used to provide choices in other applications e.g. which project provides defect work items.
They don't affect linking in an application.

Please see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/155424/rrc-link-schema-enforcement/155549

In the latest version of RDNG you can go to the properties administration of the project area and define Link Constraints - which artifact type can be linked with witch other artifact type using which link type. If noting is specified, all are allowed.
Tony Kwa selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.