It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report: joint data set to select by resolution state

Roman Smirak (3164933) | asked Aug 05 '09, 11:13 a.m.
Hello,

I have tried to create a report that should show attributes (summary, ...) of fixed workitems only (to exclude duplicate, invalid, etc.) The idea is to create joint data set + set up a filter.

But I have faild with creating joined data set.

Problem #1:
The table of WI states has "extened" id instead of WI table, see bellow:

STATE | STATE_GROUP | STATE_NAME
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_mirLkB7qEd6HwOhml8ZEZAs3 | CLOSED_STATES | Resolved
_M1ZDIEX8Ed6oBPSG_x_KcgsConsultancy.state.s3 | CLOSED_STATES | Resolved

I have only idea: to "shorten" the States.STATE but I don't know if id "extenssion" is the same width all the time.

Work Items:
SUMMARY | CATEGORY_NAME | WI_TYPE | STATE_NAME | RESOLUTION | ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Process, ... | Internal | task | 3 | 1 | ...
ASM centre ... | Support | consultancy | Consultancy.state.s3 | Consultancy.resolution.r2 | ...

Problem #2:
Where (in which table) can I find the resolution name?

Thanks you for any ideas :-)

13 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 07 '09, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortenatly, resolutions are not modeled using enumerations. So currently, there is no automatic way to do the mapping.

You would have to hard-code the mapping in the report design file using javascript or a computed column in your data set.

In 2.0 we added support to expose custom data that is not modeled using items. The ENUMERATIONS data set is a good example. For your case, we will need a new Data set for RESOLUTIONS.

Please create a work item and we will add it in one of our 2.X maintenance releases.

permanent link
Roman Smirak (3164933) | answered Aug 07 '09, 2:09 p.m.
Ok then.

One more question: how to learn the ids to be used in the script?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Aug 07 '09, 2:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Open the Project Area Process Configuration Specification and look for the string: "Works for Me". You will see all the others with their corresponding ids.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.