It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

flurry of old email notifies after repo migration to 2.0

jeff oestreich (1061148) | asked Aug 05 '09, 9:55 a.m.
We've seen this both times we've used repotools to export our 1.0 repository and import into a new 2.0 installation. Using the scrum template.

Many previously sent work item change email notifications are re-sent upon first server bringup (at least) after the import. I can't determine a pattern yet - whether its a repeat of the last week's emails, the current sprint, the last sprint or just some random smattering of old email notifications.

As an example, I did the export/import this morning (Aug 5) and received 2 notifications for comments added to work items on July 31. Others have received more, some with July 31 and some July 29 change dates.

Is this intentional/explainable? Is there a pattern? Will it stop?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Pat Roberto (4111) | answered Aug 05 '09, 10:13 a.m.
We've seen this both times we've used repotools to export our 1.0 repository and import into a new 2.0 installation. Using the scrum template.

Many previously sent work item change email notifications are re-sent upon first server bringup (at least) after the import. I can't determine a pattern yet - whether its a repeat of the last week's emails, the current sprint, the last sprint or just some random smattering of old email notifications.

As an example, I did the export/import this morning (Aug 5) and received 2 notifications for comments added to work items on July 31. Others have received more, some with July 31 and some July 29 change dates.

Is this intentional/explainable? Is there a pattern? Will it stop?

Thanks!

Jeffo,

I beleive this may be the problem you're experiencing, please see links below.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=85762

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&uid=swg21391225

Pat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.