It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

AuthenticationException while running build on z/OS

Morten Madsen (13277) | asked Dec 15 '11, 8:16 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using the build agent on z/OS to run the sample build described here:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DependencyBuildScenario

While running the build, I get the following error:
* com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.AuthenticationException: CRJAZ0124I Invalid username or password.
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil$FormAuthChallengeHandler.handleChallenge(ClientHttpUtil.java:703)
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.handleAuthenticationChallenge(ClientHttpUtil.java:1038)
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:311)
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.access$8(ClientHttpUtil.java:276)
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil$JAuthChallengeHandler.handleChallenge(ClientHttpUtil.java:637)
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.handleAuthenticationChallenge(ClientHttpUtil.java:1038)
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:311)
<cut>

Anybody have an idea what this is caused?

I've made sure that it picks up my encrypted password file, because if I remove it, it will say "path to non-existing file". And if I point to a plain text-file I get the error "unable to get password from file". Therefore I think it is using the correct user and password set in the properties JAZZ_USER and JAZZ_PASSWORD_FILE.

I've read that that could be because we are not running with the correct JRE. We are using IBM J9 JRE 6.

Any comments?

One answer

permanent link
Morten Madsen (13277) | answered Jun 06 '12, 4:37 a.m.
Hi, it seems that the problems was cause by we accidentally used a v3.0 client against our v3.0.1 server. This apparantly results in this error.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.