It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are my DCC jobs failing on 6.0.1?

Melissa Kivisto (2871121) | asked Jan 21 '16, 6:40 a.m.
edited Jan 21 '16, 6:41 a.m.
Everything else with my 6.0.1 installation is now successful and complete up to DCC, but the DCC jobs are failing on their first run.
I see error messages like:
Error 500: CRRCD1500E An exception org.apache.http.HttpException was caught in the class com.ibm.rational.datacollection.common.authentication.DCCHttpClient 
from calling the function send.com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Remote host closed connection during handshake.

01/08/2016 14:48:24,530 [dcc: AsynchronousTaskRunner-5 @@ 14:48] ERROR com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.schedule.TaskScheduler  - CRRCD9011E Storage areas have not been created.  Please run set up to complete application finalization. 
01/08/2016 14:48:54,794 [dcc: AsynchronousTaskRunner-8 @@ 14:48] INFO com.ibm.rational.datacollection.service.internal.util.StorageInitializer  - CRRCD7503I The Data Collection Service Data Warehouse resource does not exist yet, import the default data warehouse resource.

none of which make sense as everything else was fine.
I also notice that when DCC is running, the CPU usage spikes to 100%, or very close to it.

I have JTS, RTC, RM, DNG, DCC, JRS, GC, LDX and LQE installed on a VM

One answer

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871121) | answered Jan 21 '16, 6:41 a.m.
edited Jan 21 '16, 8:37 a.m.
We very highly recommend to install DCC on it's own server, even if for evaluation purpose.  DCC was designed to take avantage of parallel threads and will consume as much resouces it can to run the data collection jobs as fast as it can. As such, DCC wasn't intended to be installed on the same server as other CLM applications
It looks like it was using so many resouces from the machine that even basic communication between apps wasn't possible.

If you must stick with a single server, we recommend at MINIMUM 6CPU and 16GB RAM, but you may still continue to run into memory issues or resource contention.
You should also make sure to run the DCC jobs at a time when no one would be logged on to the system.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.