It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating Attribute DXL that displays the attributes of linked to modules

Richard Good (872159) | asked Jan 20 '16, 7:05 a.m.

This is concerning migrating DOORS 9.6 modules to DOORS NG

We have a lot of modules that contain attribute dxl that looks down links and displays the information in another module and then sometimes looks down those links such that you get a very configurable summary of all the information a particular object is linked to.

We also have tool to create this information and put it on a text attribute on demand, queries are saved to a module attribute and can be easily run when the user wants to (we do it this way so that opening one module doesn't open all the modules in the database implicitly.

I think I can recreate something similar using the worlds most complicated RPE template, but I would like to explore the possibility of running an equivalent query in DOORS NG and returning the information to an attribute. Essentially rewriting this dxl tool for DOORS NG.

Is this remotely possible, if so how would I do it?

One answer

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2741041) | answered Oct 30 '16, 1:19 p.m.
Richard

Did you get any further with this? This appears to be a MAJOR failure in DNG (lack of DXL-like attributes).

Thanks

Comments
Richard Good commented Nov 28 '16, 10:49 a.m.

I think you are into using RELM and creating a traceability view, thisĀ is possible in Jazz 6.0.2, not sure about earlier. javascript and inbuilt DNG functionality really not quite up to what I wanted. Does a lot better at many other things though!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.