It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I unstall the Global Config Management Application and how would that impact other applications?

Alick Banda (43418) | asked Jan 20 '16, 4:09 a.m.
edited Jan 20 '16, 7:40 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hi,

While trying to create a lifecycle project on CLM 6, I got the error: CRJCA0124E An error occurred while fetching registered applications. This comes after I stopped the gc application on websphere application server. We are not currently using the gc application and stopping the gc application was as a result of the application be throwing an errors on the diagnostics page.

Restarting the gc application sorted this problem and we are able to create a lifecycle project.

I would like to find out if uninstalling the gc application will affect any of the existing projects and the running of the application in general (seeing as we have never used gc).

Regards,

Alick

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jan 20 '16, 8:07 a.m.
I'm afraid that once you apply GCM its a one way ticket and you can not go back.

Normally if you wanted to stop using an application you would go to the jts serve rpage and click registered applications and delete the application and subsequently go to all other applications and delete the consumer or friend where this application is mentioned. However with GCM I have been told is a permanent change that you can not roll back.
Alick Banda selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alick Banda commented Jan 20 '16, 8:53 a.m.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your response.

I suspected this would be the case. Would you happen to know what the roadmap for the gc application?

Regards,

Alick

Kim Soederhamn commented Jan 20 '16, 9:45 a.m.

Hi Alick - I better let one of the developers answer that one...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.